ECONOMY SUPPORTING MEASURES OF THE GOVERNMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF CROATIA DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS EPIDEMIC AND COVID-19 DISEASE - MEASURE FOR JUNE 2020
Neven Marić | 18.06.2020
DOWNLOAD PDF BELOW
NEW PACKAGE OF ECONOMY SUPPORTING MEASURES OF THE GOVERNMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF CROATIA FOR SUPPORT
DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS EPIDEMIC AND COVID-19 DISEASE
Name of state measure
Short description, criteria and additional notes
Support for the preservation of jobs in activities affected by the coronavirus
· support per employee amounts to HRK 4,000.00 net for full-time work, i.e. proportional part for part-time work
The Croatian Employment Service (HZZ) will receive applications in the period from June 8 to June 30, 2020, and they must be submitted via the online application at the web address measure-orm.hzz.hr, regardless of whether the employer has already used grants for the previous months, except for employers who perform seasonal activities, and who submit their applications exclusively by e-mail.
TARGET GROUPS OF EMPLOYERS:
TARGET GROUPS OF EMPLOYEES: Employees employed by employers from the target group of employers, that is all insured persons with the employer in question (regardless of whether the employee is a fixed-term or indefinite worker, a citizen of the Republic of Croatia, the EU or third countries, full-time or part-time or has some of the statuses such as single parent, Croatian veteran and posted worker) and employees employed in branches of foreign companies in the Republic of Croatia
The employer loses the right to support if from 20.3.2020. until the time the support was paid, he had a decline in employment larger than:
The same does not include the expiration of a fixed-term employment contract, the retirement of an employee and the dismissal of a misconduct by a worker.
· For employees employed after 19.3.2020, regardless of the reason for employment, no support can be granted
· Employers who have not paid the salary (s) for April 2020 cannot use the measure
· Private accommodation renters cannot use the measure
· Family farms that are not in the profit tax or income tax system cannot use the measure
· Companies in liquidation or bankruptcy can use this measure if they have employees and meet their obligations
· Employers who have active contracts under the measure for Self-employment support can use this measure for themselves and other employees
· If they use the Job Preservation support, contractual obligations under active contracts are put on hold
· At the end of the period of use of this measure, they continue to use the APZ measure that they originally put on hold for the remaining period, in a way that it is regulated by the Annex to the contract
· Employers who had a decrease in the number of employees from 1 to 20 March 2020 may be granted support
An employer who has requested support for 50 or more employees will be obliged to return the support, if from the moment of receiving the support until 31.12.2021. he proceeds in one of the following ways:
According to publicly available information and documents, there is a difference in defining the period in which the employer may not act in accordance with the above points.
In the HZZ implementation document, this period is described "from the moment of receiving the support until 31.12.2021". However, on the other hand, on the official website of the HZZ, in the section "Questions and Answers", this period is described as "the period from 29.5.2020 until 31.12.2021."
Considering that the moment of receiving the support and 29.5.2020. by the nature of things are not the same days, in order to remove doubts and possible risks, it is necessary to seek the opinion of the HZZ about which day is relevant. Otherwise, we believe that entrepreneurs must act according to official HZZ documents.